Most customers have never been through the process of purchasing granite or quartz counter and find the process a little overwhelming. This article will explain the process from start to finish as well as how it will affect the use of your kitchen while your new counters are being installed.
We’ve all heard horror stories about how confusing construction projects can be when a contractor doesn’t communicate before and during a project and leaves the kitchen unusable for weeks on end with no firm deadline for completion.
It is critical to understand the process so you know what to expect at every stage of the counter top process, from sales and material selection to the installation of your beautiful new counters, so there are no unpleasant surprises.
In a nutshell, this is the Crowley’s Countertop Process:
- We come to your home for a free consultation and in depth discussion of your project. We will measure your cabinets for the quote and explain how to shop for granite or quartz material and provide you with a list of our preferred suppliers.
- We then email you a detailed quote for your counter top project, as well as information for pricing the removal and disposal of your existing counters and the reconnection of your appliances.
- Once you approve the estimate we invite you to our office to finalize the countertop details. We’ll confirm edges, surface options, sinks and faucets, sealers, and backsplash in our showroom to ensure that you end up with the look you’ve dreamed about. At this point, we’ll discuss our many options for payment and financing. You will leave this meeting with firm template and installation dates, as well as information for maintaining and caring for your new counters.
- We will then call you 2-3 days prior the scheduled template to confirm.
- Our measure up technician arrives as scheduled to digitally template (or pattern) your cabinets for a precise fit at install.
- You are then invited back to our office, usually the afternoon of template, to view the layout of the counters on your slab(s) before the stone is cut. You have the opportunity to inspect, touch, and feel your slabs and tell what unique features you want included on your counters. You can tell us what characteristics you’d like us to avoid. That way there are no surprises the day of install!
- Five days later, a crew will arrive to disconnect your appliances and remove and dispose of your existing counters and prepare the cabinets for install.
- The very next day, as scheduled, our installers will bring your new counters and expertly install them.
- The day following the install, an appliance/plumbing technician will reconnect your sinks, faucets, and stove so you have a working kitchen again!
Our quick turnaround and open communication is aimed at minimizing disruption to your lifestyle. You can keep your finger on the pulse of the project without worrying about the details.
9 Steps To Granite And Quartz Counters in Portland OR & Vancouver WA
Serving Portland OR, Vancouver WA, and the Oregon Coast